Adhering to the latest Government & Professional Guidelines
You can be rest assured that we have very strict rules about following the latest Government & Professional Guidelines at all times.
For Ear Wax Removal customers: At the beginning of your appointment you will be issued with a PPE pack which contains: A mask, Pen, Gel & a complimentary slip in a plastic wallet.
We have a full risk assessment that can be viewed at any time in our clinic.
Before your audiology appointment
- Your audiologist will contact you via telephone to ask you screening questions. These are designed to distinguish if you have Coronavirus symptoms yourself or other people in your household.
- They may ask you to make a note of any questions you may have in regards to your hearing before your appointment, which may help reduce appointment times.
- You will be advised that it should be only yourself who attends the appointment. If this is not possible, a member of your household can assist you - but they need to adhere to social distancing and they may have to wear a face mask during the appointment.
- You will be asked to be on time for your appointment as we only allow one patient in the clinic at a time.
- All social waiting areas and reception areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day.
- There will be a buffer time for all the equipment and furniture to be cleaned and sanitised after each patient.
- There will also be regular risk assessments of the practice, PPE and operations.
- There will be a visible hand sanitising station for your use before your appointment.
During audiology appointment
- Hands will be sanitised consistently before, during and after your appointment.
- You will be asked your screening questions again to check that you are still safe to attend your appointment.
- Wherever possible, the audiologist will remain at a safe 2m distance.
- PPE may be used at all times, but will always be worn when being within 2m is necessary. Be prepared to be asked to wear a face mask by the audiologist.
- All close patient contact procedures will be done consecutively using PPE, so it is all done at the same time and reduces exposure.
- Wherever possible, the equipment used will be limited.
- Wherever possible, the equipment used will be adapted to help maintain a safe distance.
- Equipment will be cleaned and sterilised after every appointment.
- Equipment that is not necessary for the appointment will not be used.
- If extra tests are needed they will be rescheduled for a later date.
- As normal, patient records will be written, filed and maintained. Due to COVID-19 we need to ensure that everything is recorded and the appointment was operated safely and within the guidelines stated by the government.